Skip to content

Pactiv Evergreen

Categories

Manufacturing

About

At Pactiv Evergreen, continuous innovation has secured our place as the world's largest manufacturer and distributor of food packaging and foodservice products, supplying packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice outlets across North America. While the name Pactiv Evergreen is new to the market, our history goes back over a century. Evergreen Packaging’s roots stretch back to 1880 when John Cherry began his business. Not long after, in 1908, the Champion Fibre Company began mill operations in Canton, North Carolina. In 2007 Evergreen Packaging was formed when three companies with superior expertise in gable top carton manufacturing, forming, filling and sealing combined into a single entity. Those companies were originally known as International Paper Beverage Packaging Division, Blue Ridge Paper Products, and Cherry-Burrell. Operations for Pactiv began in 1959, when Central Fibre, American Boxboard, and Ohio Boxboard merged to form Packaging Corporation of America, operating paper mills that exclusively produced cardboard boxes. During the next six decades the company undertook a number of acquisitions, creating a diversified portfolio of products to better meet the changing needs of customers. During this time, the company’s ownership and name changed several times, with Pactiv in use since 1999. Until 2020, Pactiv and Evergreen Packaging were part of Reynolds Group Holdings Limited, owned by the Rank Group Limited. The two companies came together to achieve synergies and created a public offering under the name Pactiv Evergreen.

Images

Powered By GrowthZone
Scroll To Top